How to Make a Teacher Appreciation Oven Mitt with your Cutting Machine
Using your Cricut, Silhouette or Scan ‘N Cut, a potholder or oven mitt from the Dollar Tree and my Teacher Thank You Oven Mitt Bundle (links to buy the bundle are at the bottom of this post) you can make a fun and useful gift for a teacher! Just add baking mix and spoon or spatula to finish it off.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Cricut, Silhouette or other cutting machine
- Teacher Thank You Oven Mitt designs by Tara Reed
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Heat Source (heat press, iron, etc)
- Parchment Paper or Teflon sheet
- Surface protector or Ironing Board
- Cookie, Brownie or other mix and spoon or spatula to put in the pocket to complete the gift!
WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL
This is a 7 minute video showing how easy it is to make these affordable gifts teachers will love and actually use! Here is a list of times if you want to skip to a specific spot.
- 33 secs – Setting up file in Silhouette Studio
- 1:33 – Setting up file in Cricut Design Space
- 2:34 – working with HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl)
- 3:03 – removing and weeding your HTV
- 4:25 – Applying HTV to the Potholder
- 6:39 – ideas to finish off the gift for teacher!
WHERE TO BUY THE TEACHER OVEN MITT SVG DESIGNS
I sell on 3 digital marketplaces so you can choose the one that is your favorite and grab your SVG & Cut Files Bundle there! See the affiliate links below.